The following tutorials show how to use iminuit and explore different aspects of the library. The order is the recommended reading order, the later entries are about more and more specialized applications. Important for most users are only the first two entries.
- Cost functions
- How to draw error bands
- Interactive fits
- Fits with shared parameters
- Template fits
- Fitting a mixture of templates and parametric models
- Fit PDF with conditional variable
- SciPy minimizers and constraints
- Fitting RooFit-generated likelihoods
- Using external minimizers
- Generic least-squares function
- Using Cython
The following tutorials correspond to a RooFit tutorial, which performs the same task but uses only iminuit and other libraries from the standard Python scientific stack and Scikit-HEP. It can be used as a learning resource or to decide which toolset to use.
The list is incomplete. If you would like to see more tutorials, please leave an issue on Github with your request or feel free to make a PR to provide it yourself.